Monday, February 28, 2011

Olde Blind Dog Pub


I normally don’t review bars and places, but I had such a great experience at this location I can’t help myself. Olde Blind Dog Pub in Alpharetta is the location; they have a good tap line-up (the usual suspects) Boddintons, Guiness, Harp and others, but they also carry some craft suds – Bells, Skullsplitter, and Avery.  I was happy with the selection but the atmosphere, service and food makes this place outstanding. Just in time for St.Patty’s day.

Hit play on the video (if you have not already). We walked in to see a cool interior of rich wood carvings and intimate booths everywhere you look. Everyone gets their own room! Awesome, so when I drink too much I don’t embarrass anyone other than the folks I am with. The bar is open with a few small TV’s, but it doesn’t take the focus away from the beer and conversation.

The food is amazing. I had the Rubin, and I dare you to find a better one in the city. Seriously, if you post a comment below I will plug the location. The chips are outstanding and as an appetizer you really can’t fuck it up; however, they came out within 30 seconds of ordering with everyone’s beverage (I drank the SkullSplitter)
That takes me to service. The wait staff was very knowledgeable: they knew their beer, process, hops and yeast which I commend them since they have so many other things going for them at this location beer could take a back seat but it doesn’t. They also knew the craft whiskeys and scotch. PLUS PLUS.
Check this place out! Link below.

Cheers!
Ryan
http://www.oldeblinddog.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding review! Maybe you should review more "bars and places", b/c you picked out some of the qualities of the place that are a little harder to put a finger on, and sometimes more important than some of the normal criteria people use. And did I understand correctly that they have Skullsplitter _on tap_??

Brew Studs @ Craft Suds said...

Thanks! Bells and Skullsplitter were bottles. Avery IPA was on tap. I lost focus on the beer because the atmosphere was simply kick ass.

Anonymous said...

See... that's the kind of place I want to go. Fairly easy to find a good beer list these days. Not as easy to find a good BAR.

Post a Comment

 
ping podcast