Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mens Guide to the hood

I am a creature of habit: I like barrel aged stouts. I enjoy a shitty cup of coffee in the morning (8oclock 100% Arabica). I am in bed no later than 11p (unless something is pressing) I wake up at 6am (during the work week sometimes earlier/later on the weekends) I try to play QRank every day (to keep my mind sharp :P) and I always get my haircut at the same place; once every 3 weeks.




Ok...so, why do you care? While I was getting my haircut: I was talking to my barber, Greg, of the last 5 years and he mentioned his blog. mensguidetothehood The basic premise is:

Men's Guide to The Hood was borne of the constant question from our customers, old and new, asking "where do I go around here for food, beer, burgers, bargains, etc.?" So here it is, guys -- your guide for where to eat, drink, and have fun in Atlanta.  We live in “The Hood” and love it here and our goal is to connect you with our favorite booze and food. Here you'll find info on our favorite places to eat, drink, and have fun.  We eat out and drink (a lot), so we know what’s good -- and what to avoid. This site and its content is fairly non-judgmental and the write ups are definitely not formal reviews.  We give you our opinions, so take them for just what they are -- opinions.  Of course, we believe our opinions are the best, so if you don’t agree you probably have no taste anyway.

Looking for something to do?  Let us point you in the right direction.  Hey, who knows the neighborhood better than your barber!? 
Very cool concept. Great place to get the 411. So, where is the beer? They published a story about Anchor Brewing (D_I_N_G -> not to be confused with their top selling beer Anchor Steam) This story is a great example of love for craft beer and keeping the scene alive! May I present- Men's Guide to the hood: Everybody Say Cheese

Cheers!
Ryan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ping podcast